Thursday, March 15, 2007

Must be that time again!

Well, I seem to be very not good with the whole blogging thing. And I'm sorry, I can't think of a time when I helped someone with growing boobs. I may need a little more to go by than that. I have a super duper bad memory...

Ok, so since January I've been with the prov. govt. and very much loving it. I love the people I work with! I have lots of fun, we actually all take breaks together, there's a social club (with curling and bowling events coming up!), I "steal" my bosses flowers and they sit on my desk (which is in the hall), I've been invited to do yoga at lunch time with a lady at work, and take coffee breaks with the ladies who like to ogle the guy in the cafe down the alley. So much fun to work there!

On top of the success of my project at work and getting along great with my supervisor, I have been dancing like a maniac this semester. I will be performing two group routines for the Regina Ballroom Dancing Club on April 14th. It's coming up quick! I'm in a swing routine with a very opposite partner. I think I'm a foot taller than him... Short, buff, black man dancing with a tall, skinny, white girl... but we do the swing routine together and he's a great dancer. We're getting all the steps and most of the technique so far. I'm excited to perform this one because it's so much fun!! And Lucey, our instructor, cracks me up so much! She's so positive and confident. She makes me want to be a professional ballroom dancer!

The other routine I'm in is the two-step. Now, the two-step is my least favorite dance. So you may be wondering why I'm doing this routine then. Well, it's because I love dancing and I love learning. And I'm having so much fun. My partner for this dance is the most expressive guy I have ever met. I seriously laugh through entire practices regularly! We're doing LOTS of turns and crazy cool stuff for this routine so I'm actually liking the two-step for a change. Some turns are pretty hard and I'm still getting used to them. But, I'm sure by the time the performance rolls around I'll be good enough at the spins to actually smile while dancing instead of sporting the look of utter concentration!

Another thing that has been occupying some of my time this year is our church's Jr. Choir. I've been helping out with that on Sunday mornings. We have had one performance in church so far and there's another one to come on Psalm Sunday. our debut performance I choreographed the second verse of the song. Yes! I'm living my dream to be a back up singer vicariously thought the jr. choir. The kids looked so cute doing the actions at the front of the church!!! And one girl in particular stole the show. Oh... "love like an ocean..." going to make me laugh every time.

This year I was also elected by my congregation to serve on church council for a three year term as an Elder. Not because I'm old, but because I am excited to be in a leadership role involving our churches spiritual health. I'm very excited to see what God has planned with our congregation in the next three years and what my role is to be. Already I have been learning to be faithful in prayer. I'm going to need to be very connected with God if I'm going to be in such a position of leadership in the church. It's my prayer to be attentive to where God is working in the church so I can move there and work where He is already working.

Well, that about sums it up for tonight. And I'm off to bed. I will write again soon if I remember something I forgot to mention tonight.

Love me.

No comments: