Monday, December 18, 2006

Surprise!

Well, yes.. the final went well and I got a good mark in the class and my average went up, so that's all good. But this isn't the "surprise". I'm talking about the phone call I got on Thursday right after lunch which turned my humble Thursday into the most stressful day of life. Ever. Well, did I mention that I went to a job interview a few weeks ago now? The Sask Public Service Commission called me and said they had a job and thought of me so they wanted to interview me. So I went, thinking "I'm signed up for classes, but you can never have enough interview practice". I thought the interview went horribly. It was a small room and VERY hot and I felt sick of hearing myself talk so much. But the Thursday phone call was the job offer. Now I don't know how to say no... most of you should know that, so I didn't say no... and that was interpreted as "yes I accept the position" So I was told when my start date and time was. Yikes! I was stressed through the roof! What was I to do? I was expected to start working for this place and I really didn't want to be! So after a very stressful day and evening, I came to the conclusion that the reason I didn't want to job was because it would POSSIBLY put me behind a semester of school and I wouldn't get a spring break, or a very long Christmas one for that matter... and it's a pay cut for me too... But this opportunity is good because I will gain experience in HR (what I tell people I'm majoring in), in a role that I don't have experience with yet, and at the PSC which is fabulous on an HR type resume... So I figured that yes, I would like this job because I feel the benefits outweigh the negatives. So I will be starting work with a new place starting Jan 3. They wanted me to start 8am on Jan 2. I arrive back on the bus from St. Louis on Jan 2 at 6am... so I asked to start a day later.

I must also mention that I performed a routine at this years Silver Bells Ball. It went well, and the ball was an absolute blast. I danced with a few new fella's and some were even cute! After the very delightful ball a few of us went to a bar that has salsa nights on Saturdays. Dang! Can I dance now! Mike Milette showed me a thing or two on the floor. Yes, I was sweating like a horse and felt very unattractive and everyone else probably thought the same thing... but I had an absolute blast! Until some creepy guy started dancing with me and none of my friends came so my rescue... again with the "no" saying problem!!! But other than that, it was awesome! I'll probably be a professional ballroom dancer when I grow up....

2 comments:

Amanda said...

I really hope you ARE a professional ballroom dancer when you grow up. That would be just swell.

Anonymous said...

Anne?!! I can't believe that you have a blog! I was doing a little blog hopping and I stumbled upon you. How r u? Do you remember me? I remember the night that you helped me with dealing with the fate of my ever increasing bust.