Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Back in Albury

Today I'm back in Albury.. ready (?) for school to start. Yes Kristen, the little surf shops in Cairns were very cute and I too loved shopping there. There was also a little market with lots of cool jewlery. I maybe took advantage of that... Went to a very nice church Sunday morning in Cairns. We sang songs that I actually knew! That was exciting. We did end up going to Cape Tribulation and we stayed in some Jungle Villiage. It was really cool. the veiws the frist day were stunning. Really cool where the reef meets the rainforrest. some pretty massive spiders up there. and critters that like to eat bananas... and then sleep in marcey's stuff. next morning it was raining so the veiws were not good. and I didn't bring my rain jacket to the rain forrest... yes I know... you don't have to tell me... but that's just way too predictable. So I wrapped my sorong around my head and topped it off with a giant leaf. I ever tried holding a big branch type thing (imagine the egyptians fanning someone with a giant leaf/branch) as an umbralla... wasn't very good cause the water just ran down to my elbow and I got wet anyways... so picture a black muslem woman with a big leaf on her head... that was me walking through the tropical jungle looking rainforrest with marcey in her also not waterproof jacket. yes, you can laugh now. we saw a suspention bridge that afternoon when the rain stopped and back to cairns for the night. I caught a plane to melbourne and spent the night at Roy's new house! Very big backyard. Krinsten, you really need to come visit. I looked at pictures of Regina on Roys computer. That was funny. Then I trained it home this morning. I was greated with two letters that had arrived when I was gone. Each one, yes, independantly each letter (one from outlook and one from regina) had a tim hortins roll up the rim cup inside!! do my friends know me or what?!!? I was so very excited. both cups said please play again... so we don't have to worry about missing out on a free coffee or anything. Thanks guys for all your comments on here and thinking of me and your prayers. only a few months left until I'm home. I must say I'm excited to be back with all you guys... but today, I'm loving being here where I am. it's a weird feeling.. can't really explain better than that. I also really loved telling all my three weeks of adventures to my mom and dado. i miss you guys.

ok, enough with this sentimental stuff...

tomorrow I'm off to do a geology camping trip and I hear the weather up in the alps is going to be cold!!! brrr!!!! all this 17 weather... I had to get winter boots and wool socks! i hope I can survive the fridgid temps of australia!

ps, my camera batteries are dead. when I get new ones I will post a picture or two... and maybe one of my tan... but don't get your hopes up too high... I'm not really that dark. (hahaha j/k)

No comments: