Friday, September 08, 2006

One down

I have now finished one week of my work term. I show up to work and nothing was ready for me. I spent the entire morning phoning between Saskatoon and Ottawa to find someone who could tell my password and passcode to sign onto the computer. That was frustrating and a half. And when I finally got all that, I discovered I had no hard drive in my computer. But my supervisor knew that... she just didn't tell me. so I used the lap top all week (until this afternoon when my hard drive finally came!!!). I had to try and do work "remotely" over the internet. So that sucked because I didn't have "authorized access". But yesterday I went to a conference with my super. It was great to get an overveiw of all the different departments in the West here and see a broader picture of where I fit in. And free lunch, drinks, and snacks all day is great too! Next week there a converence in Saskatoon from Wednesday until Friday. My super assumed I could go... but I told her I was in a wedding that Saturday. So I will be driving up with her on Wedneday (yes, my mom's b-day) and flying home on a private air line. I will be staying at the Sheratin hotel while in Saskatoon (one night). So that's all really exciting for me.

I am taking one night class this semester. I'm taking Consumer Behaviour. Should be a good class. We will have a group project this semester and I already have been asked to be someone's partner. She seems like a really great lady! I'm actually excited about a group/partner project because my partner seems so great.

I'm planning a lingerie shower for Julie. The plans are coming along great and the RSVP's are coming in slowly. The only problem will be my arrival time from the Saskatoon conference. Julie's shower will be the very same night. I do not have to go into work the next day because everyone will still be at the conference... but it will be a challange to coordinate myself getting home and getting all the food and game props to Julie's house and get her house set up (how will I get in without her knowing? I just reminded myself I need more coordination here...) Yeah, so it may be a gong show. But we'll see. I got my dress back from the seamstress last weekend. It fits really well now! Yay for getting it taken in.

Well, that's all for now!

Love, Anne

No comments: